Hawaiian Monkey Bread
featuring ACE Double Cheese Oval
This is the easiest Monkey Bread recipe ever! You don’t have to make the dough or deal with frozen bread dough – instead, use an ACE® Double Cheese Oval – Warm at Home, and the whole thing is ready for the oven in 20 minutes. . It’s an easy, delicious crowd-pleasing app or snack.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 1 ACE Bakery® Double Cheese Oval – Warm At Home
- 1 cup carved ham (spiral cut), or thicker cut deli ham, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 1 cup pineapple, canned tidbits, fully drained OR fresh, peeled, cored and cut in 2cm pieces
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 stalks green onion, sliced on bias
- Preheat Oven to 375°F.
- In a small saute pan, melt butter and brown sugar together. Add pineapple, cook undisturbed for 2 minutes to brown, and caramelize. Toss and caramelize second side. Remove from heat and cool slightly. (if desired, add hot sauce to taste to pineapple)
- Cut the Double Cheese oval in a crosshatch pattern, through the loaf, making cuts to within 1/2 inch from the bottom crust of the loaf, but not cutting through it. Add ham, caramelized pineapple and 1 cup mozzarella, ensuring evenly distributed down through the scores. Top with reserved 1/4 cup mozzarella.
- Bake the loaf on a lined baking tray for 6-8 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.