Pork Burger with Asian seasonings and Spicy Slaw
on ACE Sesame Gourmet Bun
This recipe is the perfect way to change up your usual burger fare. With a combination of Asian seasonings, a spicy coleslaw topping smothered between an irresistible light and airy ACE Bakery® Sesame Gourmet Bun, you can’t go wrong with this burger.
Prep time: 25 minutes, plus marinating time
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- 4 ACE Bakery® Sesame Gourmet Buns, sliced
- 1 ½ lb lean ground pork
- 3 stalks green onion, finely sliced, divided
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and finely minced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 1 tbsp. sesame Oil
- 3 tbsp. hoisin sauce (alternates- black bean sauce or oyster sauce)
- ½ to 1 tsp. salt (depending on sauce used)
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce or fish sauce
- 2 cups rainbow coleslaw mix (or finely shred cabbage, carrots, snow peas)
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, washed, dried, picked and chopped
- In a medium bowl, mix together mayo, sweet chili sauce, vinegar, and soy sauce.
- Add to the bowl coleslaw mix, cilantro, and remaining 1 stalk of sliced green onion and toss together, seasoning if needed with salt and pepper.
- Set aside for 5 minutes to marinate.
- In a medium bowl, mix ground pork, 2 stalks green onion, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, hoisin sauce, salt and pepper to taste, and form 4 patties. Set aside 15 minutes until ready to cook.
- When ready for assembly, cook burgers on an oiled grill pre-heated to 350°F for approx. 5 minutes per side, or until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Serve immediately.
- For Assembly
- Toast Buns on the top rack of the BBQ, or under broiler if desired.
- On the bottom bun place cooked pork patty, and top with ½ cup of slaw.
This recipe is from ACE Bakery®.