Red and White Breakfast Bagels
on ACE Baguette Bagels
Make these creamy and sweet Canadiana-inspired open-face bagels for a delicious patriotic breakfast.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 4 ACE Bakery Baguette Bagels, split and toasted
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) mascarpone cheese
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) maple syrup
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon zest
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) strawberry jam
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) thinly sliced strawberries
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) toasted slivered almonds
- In small bowl, combine mascarpone, lemon juice, maple syrup and lemon zest until smooth.
- Spread mascarpone mixture evenly over bagel halves. Top with jam and strawberries; sprinkle almonds over top.
- Substitute softened cream cheese for mascarpone if desired.
- Toast almonds in a dry skillet set over medium heat, stirring often, for 3 to 4 minutes or until toasted and fragrant.
This recipe is from ACE Bakery.