Maple Lemon Rhubarb Crumble
with ACE Artisan Granola
This is a simple and rustic recipe that is sure to bring warmth to your table. If fresh rhubarb is out of season, frozen works just as well.
- 1 cup ACE Bakery® Granola
- ¾ cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- ½ cup water
- 1 vanilla bean with seeds scraped
- In a mixing bowl, combine white sugar, flour, ACE Bakery® Granola, melted butter and nutmeg, and mix until it has a crumbly consistency.
- Press half of the granola mixture into a buttered 8-inch (20.5-cm) round baking dish that is 7 inches (17.5 cm) deep. Alternatively, you can use a 9- x 12-inch (22.8- x 30.5-cm) pan that is at least 3 inches (7.6 cm) deep. Top with the sliced rhubarb and lemon zest.
- In a small pot, combine the maple syrup, cornstarch, lemon juice, zest, water and vanilla bean seeds, including the shells. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring, until the cornstarch is completely dissolved (about 4 to 5 minutes), then remove vanilla bean and pour over rhubarb in the dish.
- Top the rhubarb in the dish with the remaining granola mixture and bake at 325°F (160°C) for 45 minutes for fresh rhubarb, and up to 1 hour and 15 minutes for frozen, or until the rhubarb mixture is thick and bubbling.
This recipe is from ACE Bakery®.