with ACE® Brioche Loaf
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Pro Tip: Adding the brown sugar to the custard mixture makes a rich caramel tasting Pain Perdu; reminiscent of your favourite cinnamon buns.
- 8 slices of ACE Bakery® Brioche Loaf
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup fresh whipped cream
- In a shallow dish or pie plate, whisk together eggs, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt until well blended.
- Dredge each slice of ACE® Brioche Loaf in the egg mixture until well coated on both sides and set each slice on a clean plate as you work so the egg mixture has time to absorb into the bread.
- Melt half of the butter in a large skillet or griddle over medium high heat; add bread slices in a single layer and cook until golden, about 3 minutes and flip over to cook the other side, about 3 minutes more. Transfer to a clean platter to keep warm (Can be kept in a 200F oven) while repeating with remaining ingredients.
- Divide over 4 plates and serve topped with maple syrup, whipped cream and fresh berries.
Optional Add Ins: Try serving with different seasonal fruit