Elevate your grilling game with these Pulled BBQ Jackfruit and broccoli slaw burgers. Sub out beef patties for a veggie one instead to change things up.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
1. Drain and rinse the canned jackfruit.
2. In a large bowl whisk together smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chilli powder, pepper and salt. Add the jackfruit and toss until thoroughly coated in spices.
3. Preheat a pan over medium heat. Add oil (you can do either avocado or olive) and add the jackfruit. Cook for about 3 minutes until jackfruit begins to yellow.
4. Flip jackfruit and pour 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce mixed with 1/4 cup water over top, gently stir. Adjust heat to medium-low. Cover and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
5. While the jackfruit simmers make your broccoli slaw by whisking together mayo, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Toss with the broccoli slaw, set aside, and cook Beyond Burger® patties according to instructions.
6. Once the jackfruit is done shred with 2 forks. Then add the other 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce and cook for a few minutes more.
7. Top the bottom of each ACE® Classic Burger bun with a vegetarian burger patty, followed by pulled BBQ jackfruit, broccoli slaw and top with other burger bun.