Sunny Side Up Fiesta Toasts
on ACE® Sliced Sourdough Miche
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Pro Tip: To get clean avocado slices, run a sharp knife around the avocado lengthwise around the pit. Twist to separate and use a knife to strike the pit and twist and it will come out. Then run a large spoon around the outer layer of avocado and you will get a clean half. Place cut side on cutting board and squeeze lemon juice over top. Thinly slice.
- 2 slices of ACE Bakery® Sliced Sourdough Miche
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pit removed and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 eggs
- Pinch each salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup Pico de Gallo or salsa
- 2 tbsp pickled red onions
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 lime, cut into wedges
- Toast ACE® Sliced Sourdough Miche slices and top each with fanned out avocado slices.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Cook eggs just until whites have set and yolks are still bright and runny, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and use a spatula to transfer to each avocado toast.
- Top each with Pico de Gallo, pickled onions and cilantro. Serve immediately with lime wedges.
Optional Add-Ins: Poached eggs are a nice replacement for sunny side up eggs. Leaving the yolks runny makes a nice sauce for the toast.