White Bean, Sweet Potato and Avocado Burgers with and Roasted Garlic Cream
on ACE® Classic Hamburger Buns
This veggie burger is next level. A sweet potato and white bean patty, sliced avocado, creamy garlic sauce stacked on a toasted ACE® Gourmet Hamburger Bun. A new fan favourite for sure.
Prep Time: 55 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
For the Burgers:
- 4 ACE Bakery® Classic Gourmet Hamburger Buns
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 16 oz. (454g) canned cooked white black beans
- 1/2 cup (120ml) white onion, fine chopped
- 2-3 tbsp. (30-45ml) tahini
- 3/4 tsp. (3.5ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. (5ml) garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. (1.25ml) chipotle powder or ½ tsp. (2.5 ml) Cajun spice
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup (80ml) nutritional yeast or any flour as a substitute
- 1/2 cup (120ml) fresh baby spinach finely chopped.
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) salt
- Pinch black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 avocado, sliced.
Optional toppings: lettuce, tomato, and thinly sliced red onions.
For Garlic Cream
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2/3 cup (160ml) plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 tsp. (5ml) Maple syrup
- ½ lime, zested, juiced
- Salt and pepper to season
For Garlic Cream
- In a lightly oiled skillet heated to medium heat slowly sautee the peeled garlic until it browns and softens, set aside to cool.
- In a blender or food processor Combine yogurt or sour cream with the cooled cloves of sauteed garlic, maple syrup, lime juice, lime zest, and season with salt and pepper.
- Process until smooth, set aside.
For the Burgers
- Pierce sweet potatoes all over with a fork and place on a plate.
- Microwave for 5 minutes, then flip and cook for 5 minutes more, or until soft.
- Remove, slice in half and let cool until you can scoop out the flesh.
- Drain and rinse beans. Rinse in very hot water to help soften.
- In a large mixing bowl or a food processor add the cooked sweet potato, rinsed beans, tahini and vinegar.
- Using a fork, or the pulse function on the food processor, mash well.
- Fold in the onion, garlic powder, chipotle or chilli powder, salt, pepper, nutritional yeast/flour and greens – and continue mashing with the fork or pulsing in the food processor.
- Heat skillet to medium-high heat. Form burger mixture into large patties and press into the panko breadcrumbs.
- Add patties to pre heated skillet, cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until crispy, and lightly browned.
- To serve
- Toast ACE Bakery® Classic Gourmet Hamburger Buns to preference and top bottom bun with patty, sliced avocado, and roasted garlic sauce, top with the bun tops.