Mushrooms, peppers and some bangin’ BBQ sauce make this bacon, swiss burger a summer sensation. Featured on ACE Bakery® Classic Gourmet Burger Buns.
- 4 ACE Bakery® Classic Gourmet Burger Buns
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ cup sweet white onion, finely diced
- 20 oz. coarsely ground beef
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced into ¼” (.5 cm) rings
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, slices into thin strips
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 8 slices crispy cooked maple bacon
- 4 pieces green leaf lettuce
- ¼ cup Hickory smoke BBQ sauce
- Heat the vegetable oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and onions and sauté for 2 minutes until just beginning to soften. Allow to cool slightly and then mix gently into the ground beef along with the Dijon, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Using wet hands, divide the mixture into 4 patties and press gently with your palm to form a burger that is about three quarters of an inch (1.9 cm) thick. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, on a covered tray, until ready to grill.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the red onion rings and sauté for 10 to 12 minutes until lightly caramelized and softened. Remove form the pan and keep warm. Add the mushrooms and peppers to the pan and cook until softened and just beginning to brown, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Heat a BBQ or grill pan to medium heat. When the grill is hot, brush the burgers with a little oil and place on the grill. Cook for 4 minutes on one side until the bottoms are beginning to caramelize and gently char. Flip just once, resisting the urge to move them around or press down with the spatula. Cook for 2 or 3 minutes more for a medium burger. Place a slice of Swiss cheese and two slices of crispy cooked maple bacon on each burger patty.
- Place the ACE Bakery® Classic Gourmet Burger Buns cut sides down on the grill to lightly toast.
- Assemble the burgers by layering the bottom bun with lettuce, then topped with dressed burger a layer of grilled red onions, sautéed yellow peppers and mushrooms. Drizzle with Hickory smoke BBQ sauce and a generous grinding of black pepper.
This recipe is from ACE Bakery®.