A hollowed-out ACE® Ciabatta Lunga, filled with a delicious mixture of eggs, pesto, mozzarella and parmesan cheese topped with cherry tomatoes is the perfect recipe for breakfast and brunch! They cook up in no time and the flavour combo will have you feeling like you’re on a boat cruise in Capri.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 ACE Bakery® Ciabatta Lunga
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp. basil pesto, prepared
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup cherry tomato (heirloom, multi-colour), halved
- Flakey salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Balsamic glaze or drizzle (optional)
- Cut ACE® Ciabatta Lunga in half width-wise, then cut the top third off the top lengthwise (This little “cap” could also be baked and becomes a dipper for serving!). Remove some of the interior crumb of the bread so there is room to bake the eggs.
- Spoon and spread pesto in the bottom of the boat, followed by most of the shredded mozzarella. Crack eggs into the boat and top with more mozzarella. Bake at 350°F for approx. 15 minutes until bread is crisp/golden, cheese is melted and egg whites are set (you may need a bit of time under the broiler at the end).
- Top the boats with halved cherry tomato, cracked pepper, flakey salt, fresh basil leaves (torn if large, whole if small) and grated parmesan. Drizzle balsamic glaze or drizzle if desired