Skip to the content
Butternut Squash Soup
- 4 ACE® Ciabatta Pezzetti Rolls
- 2 1/2–3LBs peeled butternut squash, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 small white onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth (can substitute with vegetable broth)
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- 1 tsp ground tumeric
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Heat a large pot over medium, add the olive oil.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper, and thyme, and saute until the onion is soft
- Add the cubed butternut squash
- Add the vegetable broth and stir to combine (You might need to add a little more or less broth, depending on the size of your squash. The liquid level should be just slightly lower than the squash).
- Add the lid to the pot and bring to a boil over medium-high
- Once the soup reaches a boil turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the butternut squash is very tender when you pierce it with a fork.
- Remove the soup from the heat and add the coconut milk
- Puree with a hand-held immersion blender, or puree in batches in a regular counter-top blender
- Serve immediately with a garnish of fresh thyme and some coconut cream or yogurt, or store in airtight containers in the fridge or