Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
- 2 ACE® Everything Baguette Bagels
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 heaping handfuls arugula
- 2 eggs, sunny side up
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese, or cheese of choice
- 1/2 ripe apple, sliced
- 1/2 ripe bosc pear, cored and sliced
- 4 tbsp. fig preserves
- 2 tbsp. sea salt
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high.
- Add the sliced onion and sauté, stirring occasionally, until onions begin to sweat and turn translucent, about 8 minutes. Sprinkle liberally with sea salt, reduce heat to medium-low, and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until onions are golden-brown and caramelized, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to the high broil setting.
- Slice the bagels in half and place them on a baking sheet. Toast on the top shelf of the oven under the broiler until golden-brown, about 1 minute. Remove bagels from the oven and add a slice of cheddar on all four slices of bagel. Place back in the oven until melted, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spread 1 tbsp. of fig preserves over each cheesy bagel slice.
- Top the bagel bottoms with arugula, sliced pear, apple, caramelized onions, and a sunny side up egg. Place the bagel tops on top, slice in half and serve.