If you love tradition, this is the one for you. You just can’t go wrong with beef, bacon, cheddar and all the classic toppings.
- 4 ACE Bakery® Sesame Gourmet Burger Buns
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ cup sweet white onion, finely diced
- 1 lb coarsely ground beef
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced into ¼” (0.6 cm) rings
- 1 cup sliced King oyster mushrooms
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 slices crispy bacon
- ¼ cup best quality mayonnaise
- 4 leaves green leaf lettuce
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes, sliced
- 8 slices dill pickles
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp. honey mustard
- 2 tbsp. relish
- Heat the vegetable oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and onions and sauté for 2 minutes, until just beginning to soften. Allow to cool slightly and then mix gently into the ground beef along with the Dijon, salt and pepper.
- Using wet hands, divide the mixture into 4 patties and press gently with your palm to form a burger that is about three quarters of an inch (1.9 cm) thick. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, on a covered tray, until ready to grill.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden brown and caramelized. Keep warm.
- In the same skillet, sauté the sliced mushroom over medium heat until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Heat a BBQ or grill pan to medium heat. When the grill is hot, brush the burgers with a little oil and place on the grill. Cook for 4 minutes on one side until the bottoms begin to caramelize and gently char. Flip just once, resisting the urge to move them around or press down with the spatula. Cook for 2 or 3 minutes more for a medium burger.
- Top each burger with a slice of cheddar cheese, two slices of crispy bacon and a heaping spoonful of caramelized onions and sautéed mushrooms.
- Place the ACE Bakery® Sesame Gourmet Burger Buns sliced sides down on the grill to lightly toast. Spread each bun with mayonnaise.
- Assemble the burgers by layering the bottom bun with romaine lettuce, slices of tomato and dill pickles. Top with the dressed burger and finish with ketchup, honey mustard and relish.
This recipe is from ACE Bakery®.