Roasted Sweet Potato Sandwich
- 1 ACE® Rustic Italian Oval
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and sliced into thin rounds (¼”-½” thick)
- 2 tsp butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp balsamic reduction
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar or 6 ounces Havarti cheese sliced
- 2 cups cooked kale, torn into pieces
- salt and pepper to taster
- Preheat the oven to 400°
- Scrub the sweet potato, then use a knife to cut thin slices that are ¼”-½”
- In a large bowl, toss the slices with the butter
- Spread the slices out on a baking sheet. Bake for 30-40 minutes (flipping halfway), until the slices are lightly browned
- Preheat the panini press (or stovetop pan).
- To assemble the sandwiches, lay four slices of bread out on a cutting board.
- Spread the mayo on the bread. Add greens to two of the pieces of bread.
- Layer the sweet potato slices, cheese and red onion. Drizzle the balsamic reduction over everything. then top with the other two slices of bread.
- Gently transfer the sandwiches to the panini press or pan until the cheese is melted.
- Transfer the sandwiches back to the cutting board and slice them in half before serving.