This easy to create dessert combines chocolate, vanilla, bourbon and ACE® Brioche Sliced Loaf for a delectable dessert idea for any occasion.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
- 8 cups ACE® Brioche Sliced Loaf cut into cubes
- 1 cup (175g) chocolate chips
- 1 cup (240ml) milk
- 1 cup (240ml) heavy cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- BOURBON SAUCE
- 1/2 cup (114g) butter
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (60ml) bourbon
- Spread half of the brioche into a deep baking dish enough for 10 cups. Sprinkle half of the chocolate chips over top. Repeat with the remaining bread and chocolate chips.
- Whisk together the milk, cream, eggs, sugar and vanilla. Pour over top of the bread and chocolate chips.
- Press down on the bread with a spatula to ensure all the brioche is soaked into the egg mixture. Cover and let sit in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until set. Let cool while making the sauce.
- Combine the butter, sugar and milk in a small saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat until all the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Slowly and carefully stir in the bourbon. NOTE: the sauce will bubble up, so add in the bourbon a little at a time. Serve warm.