Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3.5 hours
Pro Tip: Cooking brisket low and slow in the oven results in a rich, tender, roast that complements the tender gourmet bun perfectly. This recipe can easily be doubled for a crowd.
- 4 ACE Bakery® Classic Gourmet Burger Buns
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 lbs beef brisket
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups BBQ sauce
- 2 cups prepared coleslaw
- 1/2 cup frizzled onions
- Pinch salt and cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 325F
- In a small bowl, combine, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper, cumin and olive olive with a spoon to make a paste.
- Rub all over brisket and place into a covered casserole or heavy Dutch oven. Pour broth over top and cover; bake in the oven for 3 hours or until fork under.
- Remove lid and turn the oven up to 400F.
- Strain cooking liquid and combine with BBQ sauce in a saucepan while the oven comes to temperature.
- Cook BBQ sauce mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally until desired consistency. Brush over brisket and place back into the oven for 15 minutes or until a nice crust forms.
- Remove from oven, let cool slightly on a board and slice across the grain.
- Slice and toast ACE® Classic Gourmet Buns until golden.
- Divide brisket over sliced buns, drizzle with BBQ sauce and top with coleslaw. Serve warm.
Optional Add-Ins: Add sliced jalapeños to the coleslaw and sliced avocado for a new twist