Chickpea Tuna Melt
with ACE® Rosemary Focaccia Triangle
- 3 ACE Bakery® Rosemary Focaccia Triangles, cut in half
- 1 can chickpeas, drained + rinsed
- 3 tablespoons mayo (vegan if wanting to make this 100% vegan)
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce of choice
- 2 teaspoons chopped capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons dusleflakes (optional for a seafood flavor)
- Generous pinch of salt + pepper
- Dairy-free shredded cheese
- Mash the chickpeas in a large bowl. Add the mayo, mustard, hot sauce, capers, onions, dulse (if using), salt and pepper. Mix together.
- Divide the chickpea salad evenly across all four slices of bread. Top each slice of bread with shredded cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet, into the toaster oven and cook for 5-6 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with Avocado slices, and sprouts.
- Cut in half and enjoy!