Sweet. Tangy. And simply perfect. Banh Mi’s are a favourite of the ACE® team. This one is quick and uncomplicated. Featuring our ACE Bakery® White Baguette or try it with the NEW ACE Bakery® Organic White Baguette.
- ½ ACE Bakery® White Baguette or 1/2 ACE Bakery® Organic White Baguette, sliced lengthwise
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 1 red finger chili, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. lemongrass, center part finely minced
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup carrot, julienne
- 1 small cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup daikon, julienne
- ¼ cup real egg mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. sambal olek
- 2 tbsp. green onion, finely chopped
- Slice the pork tenderloin diagonally into ¼” (0.6 cm) thick slices. In a large bowl, mix together all the marinade ingredients. Put the pork slices in the marinade and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours, or overnight.
- In a small bowl, stir together the rice wine vinegar, sugar and salt. Then, add the carrot, cucumber and daikon. Let sit on the counter for 30 minutes to pickle and soften slightly.
- Preheat the grill to medium high. Lift the slices of pork from the marinade one or two at a time, allowing the excess marinade to drain off, and place on the grill. Cook the pork in a single layer for 1 or 2 minutes per side or until nicely charred and cooked through. Discard the excess marinade.
- To assemble the banh mi, spread each side of the baguette with spicy mayo, pile high with warm grilled pork and top with pickled vegetables and cilantro leaves. Cut the baguette into half and share with your best friend.
This recipe is from ACE Bakery®.