This indulgent appetizer idea is perfect for holiday hosting, date night or an evening in with friends.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 8 ACE Bakery® BYO Brioche Cluster Buns split crosswise
- 6 tablespoons truffle butter or unsalted butter, softened (see Note)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple—quartered lengthwise, cored and thinly sliced crosswise
- Several dashes of hot sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Gruyère cheese
- Bake ACE® brioche cluster buns as per instructions on box.
- Remove from oven and cool while pre heating broiler.
- Slice clusters and spread each side with with butter and set on a baking sheet, cut sides up. Broil until toasted.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 400°.
- In a large bowl, mix the mayonnaise, red onion, parsley, lime juice, apple and hot sauce and season with salt and pepper. Fold in the crabmeat.
- Set the top halves of the rolls aside.
- Top the bottoms with the crab salad and sprinkle with the Gruyère.
- Bake in the upper third of the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Close the crab melts and serve.