Overnight Pull Apart French Toast Bake
with ACE® BYO Brioche Cluster
- 1 ACE Bakery® BYO Brioche Cluster
- 2 whole eggs, plus 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy cream or canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier (orange liqueur)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, sliced into thin slices
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- whipped cream and berries, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Thaw and slice the Brioche Cluster horizontally and vertically to cut each cluster into 4s, being careful not to slice all the way through the bread. Place in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg yolks (reserve the whites), cream, Grand Marnier, vanilla, melted butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt. Slowly pour the batter over the bread, using your fingers to gently pull the bread apart to allow the batter to sink in. Spoon any batter from the baking dish, back over the bread until the bread has soaked up most of the batter. Don’t stress if you don’t use it all.
- Line a baking dish with parchment and place the bread into the dish. Insert the butter slices in between the cubes of bread. Brush the top of the bread with the reserved egg whites. In a bowl, mix the sugar and 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the bread.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, until the French toast is golden and crisp. If the top of the bread begins to brown too quickly, cover with foil. Serve warm with cream, berries, and maple syrup.