with ACE Bakery® Ciabatta Piccola
- 2 loaves ACE Bakery® Ciabatta Piccola, halved lengthwise
- 12 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes, until the shallot is softened and fragrant. Stir in the spinach, basil, dill, oregano, and a pinch each of salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook another 5-8 minutes, until the spinach is wilted. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon zest and feta cheese.
- Lay the bottom piece of ciabatta bread cut side facing up on a baking sheet. Layer the spinach on top. Add the provolone and mozzarella. Grab the top piece of bread and pull out some of the insides to create a little more space. Place the bread over all the cheese. Rub the top of the bread with butter.
- Wrap the sandwich in foil. Bake 20 minutes, until the cheese melts. Remove the foil and return to the oven and bake another 10-15 minutes more, until the bread is toasted.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 3-4 minutes. Slice into desired sizes. Serve with a drizzle of honey and chili flakes. Enjoy!