Mediterranean Meatball Mini Sandwich
with ACE® Ciabatta Pezzetti Duo
Mama Mia! With the exceptionally light, moist, and airy interior of an ACE® Ciabatta Pezzetti Duo Roll, plant-based meatballs, marinated veggies coated with hummus, and roasted garlic dip this Meatball Mini sandwich is larger than life!
Prep Time: 15 minutes, plus marinating time
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 4 ACE Bakery® Ciabatta Pezzetti Duo Rolls
- 16 plant-based meatballs (prepared)
- ½ cup hummus (prepared)
- ½ cup roasted garlic flavoured plant-based or soy dip (prepared)
- 1 Persian cucumber, sliced into rounds
- 1 cup cherry tomato, cut in thirds
- ¼ small red onion, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Prepare and Heat plant-based meatballs according to package directions.
- Toss sliced cucumber, tomato, and red onion with red wine vinegar, olive oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside 5 minutes to marinate. Drain juices before adding with sandwich.
- In a preheated 400°F oven, bake ACE® Ciabatta Pezetti Duo Roll for 4 minutes until warmed through and lightly crisp. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
- To assemble- Break open ACE® Ciabatta Pezetti Duo Roll along the seam, and gently create a pocket. Spread each roll interior with 1 tbsp. each of hummus and roasted garlic dip. Add 2 meatballs per mini sandwich, and top with marinated veggies.