This Baked Monte Cristo sandwich made with an ACE® Ciabatta Lunga will have you craving them morning, noon, and night. It’s an easy twist on the classic ham and cheese combination, without all the frying mess!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20
- 2/3 of an ACE Bakery® Ciabatta Lunga
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard,
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 6 slices smoked ham (carved style ham, not deli-style), in ¼” slices
- 1 handful of baby spinach (optional)
- ¼ pint fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam
- 1-2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Cut the ACE® Ciabatta Lunga into on third widthwise, and then in half lengthwise. Whisk eggs with a bit of milk to scramble like French toast batter. Dip the cut/interior halves of Lunga in egg mix and griddle in frying pan until golden and egg cooked.
- Spread with a thin layer of Dijon mustard on both sides. On the bottom slice of Ciabatta Lunga, alternate layers of ham and cheese, with fresh raspberry and baby spinach (if using) in between.
- Cover with the top slice of Ciabatta Lunga and bake in preheated 350°F oven for 3-5 minutes until cheese melted and exterior crust is crisped but not hard.
Alternate– can also toast the assembled sandwich in a panini press, instead of the oven.
- To Serve- Mix raspberry jam with 1-2 tbsp. red wine vinegar and serve on the side as a dip. Slice in half and enjoy!