Open Faced Chicken, Apple and Arugula Sandwich
- 2 slices ACE Pane Rustico
- 2 apples, sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Kosher Salt and Pepper
- 4 cups fresh arugula or spring salad mix
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 strips crispy bacon, crumbled
- 4 oz Gorganzola cheese, crumbled
- Preheat your grill, grill pan or cast iron skillet to medium high and brush the grates with olive oil.
- Drizzle the apples with honey.
- Add the chicken to a bowl and toss with the olive.
- Rub the cut sides of the Pane Rustico with olive oil. Place, cut side down on the grill and grill for about 2-3 minutes per side or until lightly charred.
- To the grill, add the chicken, grill for 5-8 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked Remove from the grill and let rest 5 minutes then thinly slice the chicken. During the same time, grill the apples for 2-3 minutes or until light char marks appear, flip and grill another 2-3 minutes.
- To assemble, arrange the salad greens on the grilled bread, top with tomatoes, chicken, apples, bacon and cheese. Drizzle with vinaigrette and top with lemon zest. Enjoy!