Baja Sunrise Sandwich
on ACE® Bocata Ronda Rolls
Remember, breakfast is the most important meal of the day! With smoked bacon, ripened avocado, a runny egg, and Monterey Pepper Jack Cheese, our Baja Sunrise Sandwich recipe featuring ACE® Bocata Ronda Rolls will have the entire family at the kitchen table bright and early.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 ACE Bakery® Bocata Ronda Rolls, sliced open
- 4 eggs
- 8 slices smoked bacon
- 1 tsp. Ground black pepper
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 slices Monterey Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1/2 cup chipotle mayo (prepared)
- Lay slices of bacon into a medium non-stick skillet, with no overlap. Season with pepper and turn on stove to medium. Cook until the fat has rendered and bacon is crisp, turning halfway through, about 12 minutes. Drain fat and remove bacon to a paper towel to drain and keep warm. Wipe pan clean
- Heat the nonstick skillet back to medium. Crack 4 eggs at a distance apart and season with salt and pepper. Cook for approx. 3 minutes until egg whites are almost cooked. Flip and cook 1 to 2 more minutes for a runny yolk, or desired doneness. If desired, toast buns in the skillet or under the broiler.
- For assembly, spread 2 tbsp. Chipotle Mayo over the inside top and bottom buns. Layer on cheese, avocado, tomato, season with salt and pepper, add 2 slices bacon and top with a fried egg. Cut in half before eating and watch the sunrise on your plate.